Saturday, July 5, 2014

Pin It

Widgets

Puppy Sitting: Barrett

On Sunday, I asked the girls in my advisory what day they wanted to have advisory tea and I got a surprise request from one of my advisees.  She wanted me to bring Dewey by the hospital to see her.  Her appendix had burst and a therapy dog had been by to visit and she would love it if I could bring Dewey by to see her.  It just about broke my heart to tell her the day before we had returned Dewey to Southeastern.  So, of course, I asked around to see if anyone would lend me their puppy so that I could bring it by the hospital to visit her.

Barrett at St. Joseph's in Tampa.
Carolyn was going to be at the Sheraton with family for July 4th and needed someone to watch Barrett, so I took over for her already scheduled sitter.  She brought Barrett by on Monday morning and by lunchtime we were at St. Joseph's.  Turns out that Barrett has a highly developed empathetic streak.  She sidled right up to my advisee and stayed next to her and let her pet her.  

We stayed for about 45 minutes and then left.  We didn't want to overtire her.  But St. Josephs was great with Barrett.  Very friendly and helpful.

Barrett and Jam became fast friends.
Jam was feeling the loss of Dewey, so having Barrett there to run around with was very helpful to him.


Barrett did have to learn to like the blue pig in the yard.  
We did discover that some of our garden art was a little scary for her.  Although, I don't think that Fred has ever really warmed up to that pig, now that I think of it...

After a long day of playing, Barrett and Jam would crash.
Barrett is asleep on the floor.  Jam is sleeping on the chair.
 Jam and Barrett would take naps together. Although Jam did not use Barrett as a pillow.

Portrait of Barrett in tall grass.
I had a lovely time with Miss Barrett.  She was very sweet and a tail wagger, which I adore.

Barrett by cactus.
She also followed me around, which was great for helping out with missing Dewey sadness.

Barrett looking serious.
Of course, now we have a Jam and Willow looking sad and our house feeling quiet with two dogs.  How is that possible?  Thanks for a great stay Barrett.  You were a lovely house guest.  You can stay anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment