Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

Reading Dog

The lower division librarian invited Her Royal Highness (HRH) Berkeley to visit one of the 1st grade reading times on Friday. So a week ago we paid a surprise visit as did the Lower Division Director, who is reading the story. HRH started off the storytime with her coat on, but after the story was over the kids got to pet her (one at a time!).

Here you can see one child petting HRH as the others look on longingly. They were so well behaved (as was HRH, really!) In fact, I was tickled when at the end of the period, Trey came over to me and in a very serious voice said, "Berkeley has very pleasant manners." I said, "I think so too. Thank you for saying so."

Her she is with her royal face on. Behave, little ones!

It was a good day.

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to go to a reading to dogs day at our library, but I haven't had the time yet. By the way, I'm Elijah. I'm raising my first puppy, Dembre, for Canine Companions for Independence. Feel free to stop by our blog:
    ccipuppyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete