Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pin It

Widgets

Off the Leash

By Fred
Bingo is getting to be a big dog in many ways. His body, for sure, is growing like a weed, but he also is developing a calmer, more mature temperament, and this is a very good thing.

He went to school with Cheryl every day last week and then to a school event over the weekend. So yesterday was his first day home (to mostly relax) in a while. In the meantime I am recovering from hernia surgery--no big deal, but I'm restricted from doing any heavy lifting for several weeks. Yesterday I told my surgeon about Bingo and he just laughed. "Well," he said, "if he is anything at all like my puppy, you will certainly not be able to walk him for a while." I had to admit that Bingo was not a perfect puppy.

I was depressed at first because I won't be able to take him out to the store, etc., for 3 weeks or so, but then I thought that this might be an opportunity in disguise. There are several things we can work on around the house without a leash--so I'm working on a plan for tomorrow. Mater artium necessitas, right? (I don't know Latin--I just like to pretend.)

No comments:

Post a Comment