Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

Bingo's Send Off

I sent out an email to the school to let them know that Bingo was going in for training and wouldn't be back next year. This is how I worded it:

Bingo Received His K9 College Acceptance Letter

Bingo received his acceptance letter for K9 college at Southeastern Guide Dogs. He leaves for college on July 8th! I’m going to be very sad to see him go, but very excited as he starts on this next phase of his journey to be a guide dog and someone’s life partner. He will be going in with his two brothers, Jim and Rob, so he won’t be alone. He’ll have roommates he knows well.

I will be picking up a new puppy (a black lab girl) on July 1st. We’ll have a new puppy to start out the new year. Thank you all again for all of your support and kindness throughout the year to me and to Bingo. He’s a confident, well adjusted puppy because of you all.

Mrs. McLean



I got quite a few responses back from the faculty (one from a student) and I thought I would share some of them here.

From Pat: Oh, I'm so proud of Bingo--but a little sad for us--I hope the girl puppy will be just as incorrigible! I'm sure Pilar and I will do our best to undermine all of your expert training.

From Sherry: Congratulations C.D. and Bingo! I can’t imagine how difficult it will be to part with your “puppy” even though you have anticipated it all along. But it must be terribly gratifying to know Bingo will one day be providing a better life for someone. You are truly an example of a person at Berkeley who is “making a difference”.

From Connor: (who also did a library photo shoot with Bingo, FYI)Give him a goodbye treat for me! I'll miss our male-modeling days the most :(

From Bruce: He is a beautiful and darling boy and we will miss him.

From Kem: Yeah Bingo! Sniff-sniff for sad departures too. I am proud of both of you with your dedication and achievement of purpose. I will miss my BFF but will look forward to the new addition.....now we can be really "girly" with her.

From Janie: I will miss the little rascal. I hope he makes it through college!

From Caroline: NOOOOOOOO!!!!! 8-)

From Katia: I AM crying. I admire you CD!!! I know this was his path and call in life. He will be a wonderful loving companion to his new owner. That, I am happy for him…and you. I am sure you are a proud mommy!

From Brianne: Congrats C.D. and Bingo!! You did a wonderful job training him and loving him, how could you not with that face. He will be missed but will make someone a very sweet companion.

From Wendy: Congratulations Bingo!! Go out and make someone’s world a better place….you’ll get lots of hugs and kisses for it!!

From Jan: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

From Kim: That's wonderful, C.D.! Congratulations and all the best to Bingo!!!

From Al: Congratulations. I know his acceptance is bittersweet but a darling little girl will be great fun. Bingo is a scoundrel but a real beauty. Thank you for your commitment to helping those in need.

Rascal and scoundrel, yep. He's those things, but he's also sweet and charming and loveable. He captured all of our hearts and for a small dog to do that with a school population of about 1700 is impressive. (Note: I say small dog, because I took him to the vet's today and he only weighs 80 pounds! He's lost 5 pounds. Woot. So, not so chunky now. 8-) I'll leave you all with a recent smiling photo of Bingo.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Bingo Boy you have SOOO many fans!

    What a lucky dog to have so many people cheering you on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What timing, you tell your school he is leaving, and today my work announces that Duke will be "In The House"!! WOOF!. Thanks again for your help. It appears you have a great school!

    ReplyDelete