Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Tuesdays and Thursdays

We attended the annual puppy dinner last week, and the speakers made repeated references to the hard work and sacrifice of the puppy raisers. I was tempted to take all of it to heart and adopt a better opinion of myself, except that experience tells me otherwise. In truth, the dogs give us more than we give them. The net gain is on our side, so it can't be called a sacrifice. Raising snakes would be a sacrifice.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are my days with Jam. Today we went for a big walk, watched some men cut down a tree, had lunch on the patio of a nearby sandwich place, and then did some obedience training when Jam became overly interested in a plastic bag that fluttered by in the breeze. Now he's taking a nap at my feet.

Because I work at home at what can be a stressful job, these little things are big for me. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I can be a teacher and Jam can be my little boy for the day.

Am I a better person for doing this?

No, but I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment