Monday, April 16, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Tic Tac Toe and Tequila

Saturday was our puppy meeting at Largo Central Park.  I don't have many photos as Fred was at home repairing plaster and painting the hallway and I had sole control over Captain Crazypants.

Anyway, we arrived at the park just fine.  But, I have to tell you.  These monthly meetings are becoming a a bit stressful for me, especially if I go by myself.  Jam and his nuggets are really having a testosterone party and he is quite drunk with hormones.  So, coming to a meeting is like bringing an alcoholic to Tijuana, leading him into a bar, sitting him on a barstool where there are shots of tequila lined up on the bar and then screaming, "Don't Drink!"

The alcoholic will find it tough to listen to you.

So, I bring Jam (and his raging hormones) to the park where lush females and unneutered males will be gathered to challenge his sensibilities.

I'll just go ahead and say it.  We weren't in the circle of acceptance.  We tried, but we got booted pretty fast.

Sigh. We did obedience, then went by the train and at the end of the meeting we played Tic Tac Toe.  I had Jam sit out the first game.  Yellows won.



Everyone was looking at us.  Jam had to play the next game.  Could he do it and not completely muck it up?

You know, at some point, you just have to say, fine.  OK.  I will be the one with the insane dog.  I walked  Captain Crazypants over to the box and he laid down.

And he stayed.

OMG.

Cheryl and Jam walking to Tic Tac Toe box Photo by Michele Reese.
Cheryl asking Jam to stay in a down on Tic Tac Toe box Photo by Michele Reese. 
Jam maintaining the stay on Tic Tac Toe box Photo by Michele Reese. 


Where's my tequila?  I need a drink!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Y'all,

    Just stopped by to say "hi" and see how y'all are doing.

    Hope y'all have a great week!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it! I like to try and make sure my puppies are a bit tired before coming to meetings (hard to do since I live out of town) so we can have a "Bit" more focus. Our meeting is this saturday, and I'm wracking my brain trying to make this more calm for Dave! :)

    ReplyDelete