Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pin It

Widgets

With the Flu

By Fred
Today I thought I could do it. I thought I could get dressed and take Coach out for lunch to our favorite place. In fact I did get dressed, and I got Coach into his leash. But a cold and rainy wind hit my face when I opened the door, and I could hear my mother's voice in my mind saying "You can't go out in that, not with the flu."

So like a child I turned around and went back into the house. As a younger man I would have said "screw it" and drove to the restaurant. I've grown older with a generous regard for illness--for the flu and pneumonia and all the things tougher than I am.

Coach doesn't seem to care. We did some doggy push-ups, and maybe he got a special treat. Coach is such a good boy. I'll be glad when this flu is gone.

Also, good news from Dr. Woodman. Willow has come out of her surgery very well (she had a bump removed from her eyelid).

No comments:

Post a Comment