Thursday, November 7, 2013

Pin It

Widgets

The Invisible Dog

When I tell the lower division about Dewey, I usually preface it with how Dewey's coat is like Harry Potter's cloak of invisibility, you can't see him, you shouldn't call his name.  He isn't there.  Most of the kids get it and will just wave to me.  There are some kids who take it VERY SERIOUSLY.

During US History, Dewey picked Jake as his favorite and sat by him.
Yesterday, I was walking with Dewey to AP US History and took the elevator up to the second floor.  I was working on the "find the elevator" command with Dewey.  When we got off the elevator, there was a line of 4th or 5th graders who were coming out of their building and heading down the stairs.  As Dewey and I came out of the elevator and turned right, we started to walk beside them.  

I could hear some of the students talking:

"There's Dewey!"

"It's Dewey!"

"Look! Dewey!"

And then, there was one little boy who said, in a very loud voice, "You don't see HIM."

"It's Dewey," someone else said.

"You don't SEE HIM!!" he said louder.

"Oh Dewey."

He could stand it no more: "YOU DON'T SEE HIM!!!"

Can you have a heart attack in fourth grade?

No comments:

Post a Comment