Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Doughnut: Get In My Belly!

We had a very successful breaksale last week, raising over $250 to name the next Southeastern Guide Dog puppy for me and Fred to raise (to donate go to Coach's walkathon page).  We added ice cream bars to our list of items for sale and they went like wildfire!  In addition we had tons of doughnuts.  Tons!  So many that in the crush of students clamoring for a doughnut, one tasty piece of fried dough hit the ground.

To say that Coach was on the doughnut like a duck on a junebug would not be an overstatement.  I was handing out ice cream bars and heard a cry:

"Coach has a doughnut!"

My first thought was "How?" and when I turned there were three student library proctors pointing in horror at Coach who was so happy he couldn't contain his joy.  He was trying to swallow the frosted, cream-filled doughnut whole, which is only thing that saved him, because otherwise, I think he would have successfully snarfed the whole thing down.  As it was, he was stymied.

I reached down to try and open up his jaw and pry the doughnut out and Coach decided that he was going to eat this doughnut no matter what!  It was a grand struggle.  He knew if he opened his jaw, the doughnut was gone, but he had to give a little in order to swallow.  I could also see gooey, cream-filled, slobbery doughnut oozing between his teeth.  His eyes were starting to bug a little because he hadn't taken a breath.  His mouth was filled with doughnut.


Before the breaksale madness, Coach hides under my skirt (it is a very long skirt and I am standing!).
Before the breaksale madness, Coach hides under my skirt (it is a very long skirt and I am standing!).

Finally, breathing won out over doughnut and he opened up to take a quick breath.  I snatched out the nasty, slobbery goo-doughnut ball and proceed to throw it away.  About a third of the cream filling remained on my fingers.  

Coach licked his chops and stared at the trash can.  So close.  So close.

No comments:

Post a Comment