Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Pin It

Widgets

Dewey Speaks

Last weekend we met my dad, my mom, and my brother in New Orleans for my dad's 78th birthday.  We had a wonderful time.  

Photo of dad with a birthday brunch hat on.

You can tell that dad had a good time!  This photo was taken at Commander's Palace. So, Dewey went to stay with our friend Melisa, who also has Duke, to stay for the weekend. Evidently, Dewey kept a diary.  Melisa sent it to us.

Thank you, Auntie Mel for taking such good care of our Dewey for us!!

Dewey's Diary:

Tuesday night mom packed me up in the car and told me I was headed to Auntie Mel’s house. Now I had heard about the infamous Ambassador Duke, so I was pretty excited. Turns out he has this great big back yard and I immediately went into zoomie mode. Let’s just say the first night I slept really well. 

Trapper, Duke and Dewey all sitting and looking pretty.
In the morning, I went out to go busy. Turns out the metal post fence is wide enough for me to fit through. I got so excited to get through the other side, that the zoomies hit me again. I was immediately captured before I ended up in the canal and brought back to the other side. 
Then, Auntie Mel took me to work so I could experience exposures to a large parking garage, elevators with mirrors (OMG there was this really handsome black lab I kept seeing in there), the break room, a hallway covered in cardboard for the movers, and copy machines. A lot of people came to see Auntie Mel and she made some comment about how people liked her again. I am not really sure what she meant by that. I guess it had something to do with me. 
Dewey is sleeping under Auntie Mel's roller chair.
It turns out there was another dog at the office next door so at break time I got to play. How cool is it to work here? His name was Phi, and he is a black lab from Tampa. We had a lot of fun. It was time for another nap. 
Later that day Auntie Mel said she had to have a really tough phone conversation and that I needed to behave. I must have felt the stress and right before she hit the last button I threw up. I felt really bad, as she had to stay on the phone and try and clean that mess up at the same time. I guess it’s good that I am so cute as she still seems to love me. 
Thursday night we went to dog class. Auntie Mel was really excited to see folks from the north and central groups. It’s been too long since the raisers have all gotten together. If I may brag for just a minute, I was really good for the whole event. Several graduates spoke and I knew it was really important to show them a lot of respect. I got to sit next to River. I was told to not take too much advice from her. I am not really sure what Auntie Mel meant by that. 
Friday was a work day but we stayed home. It was another day of rough (not RUFF) phone calls for Auntie Mel. But surprise, surprise… my brother Jam came over to visit for the day. 
Jam in a moment of rest and relaxation on the couch.
During one of the calls, Jam (I swear he started it) stole the bed out of my kennel and MADE me play tug of war with it. Auntie Mel was quick to find the mute button on the phone and made us stop. Then, Jam ( I swear it was him) took the metal food bowl out of its container, waited for the mute button to be turned off, and dropped it from a very high position. Auntie Mel’s face didn’t look so good. Jam went home around 3:30. I guess it was just day camp for him. 
Later that day I got a visit from Cindy. She is a small yellow lab about six months old. We had a great time playing in the back yard. When the adults weren’t looking I found a big rosemary plant and decided to move some of its dirt around. I want to be a gardener when I grow up. That didn’t go over so well. Auntie Mel told me I needed to pick another career. 
Saturday,  Duke’s brother Trapper came to visit. This puppy camp is like a revolving door! Trapper has a really funny sense of humor and likes to steal things and run through the house. I was told to not listen to him either. These boys are really big; we barely all fit in the bathroom when Auntie Mel went to take a shower. 
Dewey, Duke and Trapper all all in the bathroom waiting
for Auntie Mel to get out of the shower.
I am hoping (don’t tell) that Sunday will be a day of rest—I am exhausted. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Bonnie! Thanks so much for reading. I hope you will come back and see what is going on.

      8-)
      CD

      Delete