Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Blue Coat Trumps All

Yesterday I was having lunch with some of the faculty and the communications director started to tell me a story about his son, who is in kindergarten at Berkeley.  He said, "My son loves Coach.  It's created a bit of a problem at home.  He tells me, Dad, I just want to touch him so much!"

Jeremy continued, "But he knows he can't because of the coat.  Every time he sees him, he says all he wants to do is touch Coach.  In fact, now he says, that if he can't touch Coach, I have to get the family a black lab."


Jeremy is kind of a serious guy.  He had a bit of a perplexed look on his face.  "You know, I'm looking around the house and we have a perfectly good dog at home he can touch."  He shook his head. 

The people at the table started to laugh.  He smiled but still seemed confused by Coach's appeal.  He mentioned again how Murphy, their spaniel, was a great dog, but his son just wasn't interested.


I said, "Bring your son by my office after school on Monday, Wednesday or Friday when I have Coach and I promise to take off the coat and let him touch him."  

Jeremy nodded, but I don't think he heard me.  I think he was still pondering Murphy and his son and why Coach and his blue coat were so appealing and if in the end he would be forced to get a black lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment