Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pin It

Widgets

The Many Sleeping Faces of Jam

Some say there is nothing sweeter than a sleeping puppy.

Jam can usually be found in this position when he sleeps, curled up and every now and then chasing some rabbits.


Occasionally, though, he will opt for the full exposure position when he is really comfortable. Any little noise will startle him and make him move to a different position. It's like he's perched on top of a mountain peak.

Then there is the old stand by lie on your stomach, head between your paws. He does feel very comfortable in this position as well. There aren't usually any dreams in this position. No freedom of movement.



Then there is the less used, but still cute, legs straight out sleeping position. Great for dream running.

I've often wondered if in addition to dreaming if dogs could have nightmares. I found out last night when I was woken from a dead sleep by puppy screams from Jam. I leaped out of bed, turned the light on and ripped open the crate. Little baby rushed out and I checked him for injuries thinking perhaps he had hurt himself, but he was perfectly fine.

His heart was going a hundred miles a minute. So I stroked him for a bit and then put him back in the crate and told him everything was ok. Then I turned out the lights.

The glow-in-the-dark stars on our ceiling came back on.

Jam settled in.

I thought about dogs and nightmares and hoped that he was back asleep chasing rabbits. We both slept until morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment